- Registration opens: Wednesday, August 8th, 2018
- Participants must register by Monday, May 20, 2019
- Performers must be younger than 19-years-old.
- To help you keep track of your times/performances, click here for a form that may help you.
- Please print and return an Event Waiver, for each participating dancer, prior to Monday, May 20, 2019.
- fax: 816-454-4655
- phone: 816-303-5132
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: Festival of Dance Coordinator, 4545 Worlds of Fun Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64161
- Festival of Dance does not include independent entries.
Entry Fee Information
- Each performance time slot now requires a $10 registration fee.
- All performers and instructors are required to purchase a Festival of Dance Entry by Monday, May 20, 2019.
- The Festival of Dance Entry fee includes participation in the Festival of Dance and admission to Worlds of Fun.
- One (1) complimentary admission ticket is issued with every 15 Festival of Dance Entries purchased when full payment is received by Moday, May 20, 2019.
- Complimentary tickets are not issued for additional tickets purchased at Guest Relations the day of your visit.
- Complimentary tickets will be issued on individual orders, not on a cumulative basis.
- Season Pass Holders are honored for members of your group, but do not count toward your group size when purchasing tickets.
- No refunds or rain checks will be issued on pre-purchased admission tickets.
- Separate charge for RipCord and Dinosaurs Alive!
- Festival of Dance Ticket order form coming soon!
- Vulgar, profane or suggestive language in music is not acceptable for our family audiences.
- Worlds of Fun reserves the right to disqualify performances not meeting the appropriate standards.
- Each studio must provide one clearly labled (Studio/Song/Date/Time) CD per dance. iPod's or similar mp3 players are also acceptable.
- Each studio must bring a back-up CD/mp3 file of each performance.
- If burning a CD, please do so in Audio format.
Participants must designate their performance status:
- Dance Categories:
- Tap - a routine consisting primarily of tap technique
- Jazz - a routine consisting primarily of jazz technique, limited gymnastics are allowed in the overall choreography of a routine
- Ballet - a routine consisting primarily of ballet technique
- Hip-Hop - a routine consisting primarily of hip-hop technique
- Lyrical - a routine blending ballet and jazz, encompassing balance, flexibility and control
- Open - a routine that does not fall under one of the above categories. A mixture or blend of different dance styles (Please no pom routines)
- Age Categories: For Duet/Trio and Group performances, please average the combined age of all performers as of January 1, 2019. Do not round up, please.
- 6 years & Under
- 7 - 9 years
- 10 - 12 years
- 13 - 15 years
- 16 - 18 years
- Performance Category:
- Full Competition – division rating, comments and eligibility for awards
- All performances are held in the Tivoli Music Hall.
- Dancers perform on a semi-circle stage in front of a curtain line.
- Stage dimensions are 40 ft. x 24 ft.
- Performance times may not exceed four (4) minutes, including entering and exiting the stage.
- Time limits are strictly enforced.
- Festival times can run up to an hour early. A lunch break for the judges allows the times to get back on track.
- For the safety of our guests and staff, we will no longer allow vehicles onto the property to drop off props. Props must be carried in and out of the front gate only. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Dance professionals evaluate all participants.
- Individual adjudicator scores are averaged to determine the overall score for each routine.
- Disqualification occurs if instructors and/or Worlds of Fun performers participate in the Festival.
- Evaluations are based on Age and Dance Categories considering the following elements:
- Precision & Unity
- Degree of Difficulty
- Dance Skills
- Execution of Dance
- The Adjudicators will rate performances on the following scale:
- Technique - 50%
- Execution/Musicality - 25%
- Choreography/Showmanship - 15%
- Overall Appearance - 10%
- An Awards Ceremony is held following the final performance for the day on both Saturday, May 25th and Sunday, May 26th, 2019.
- The top 3 performances per division/category will be recognized for awards
- If, in the opinion of the judges, performances within a division do not achieve a sufficient level of excellence, Awards may not be awarded.
- Awards must be picked up on the day of performance during the Awards Ceremony. Please plan to have a minimum of one representative from your studio attend the Awards Ceremony.
- Each studio that receives an Award, that is not picked up during the Awards Ceremony, must make arrangements for pick-up with the Festival Coordinator. A packaging and shipping fee will be accessed for any awards that need to be mailed.
- Each performance receives a Certificate of Performance personally signed by each adjudicator, as well as their written comments.
- No additional Awards will be made available for purchase
Prices, hours, dates, and attraction availability are subject to change without notice. Park reserves the right to be closed to the public and Season Pass holders for private Events, capacity limitations, and other reasons. Certain attractions and/or Park facilities may be closed due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures, maintenance, and/or other reasons.
*Tax rate subject to change without notice.